Monday, December 12, 2011

BIRD BRAIN BOULEVARD

I had a great day climbing Bird Brain.
I had the opportunity to climb it with my girl friend Annie it was her first time climbing the route and she had a blast!!!!!!
The route it is in great condition. It is more ice on the lower than the upper part of the route, making some upper pitches little more interesting that other years.
It has been a big time clean up on the route in terms of old manky pins and old anchors, so plan on bringing little more gear for anchors.
Ha!!! the pillar on the second pitch it is pretty awesome. PLEASE be gentle with it !!!!
Hands down it is my favorite route in the San Juan's.

In the next couple of days I will be heading to the Talisman. I have been looking at it for the past couple of weeks and I think it is looking like potentially could go. Little on the LUNATIC side of climbing but it will go. Let you guys know how it is hopefully soon.

Other than that this season is awesome so far so come and climb and keep it SAFE !!!!

Best Regards
Andres