Friday, June 1, 2012

ALASKA SEASON

I juts came back from a 27 day trip to the Alaska range where I had the opportunity to climb and guide at Denali base camp area. Most of the routes that I did where awesome alpine ice like: Mini moon flower, Bacon and eggs, and the first 13 pitches of the North Buttress of MT Hunter. Also I had the chance to do some alpine rock on the NW ridge of Franciss. I finish my great trip trying a new route on the central face of the of the Mini moon flower.  We got pretty good ways up and weather and conditions turns us around. Maybe next year.


This photo shows the North buttress of MT Hunter with the mini moon flower and beacon and eggs in the back ground. Highly recommend check this place out.  


High on the mini moon flower about pitch 12. Fun alpine ice.


The crux pitch of the mini just thing and steep great climbing.!!!!!!!!

Summit photo with a good friend from slovenia at the summit of the mini.


Ouray it is a great training ground for this type of adventures. Come this winter and get tune up for 2013 Alaska ice season.

All best,  Andres Marin